Friday, October 14, 2011

Fried Dough

I don't usually cook on Friday but I had some dough left over in the fridge from last weeks grocery shopping so I decided to make fried dough. A simple 3 ingredient quick sauce (marinara) is the perfect topping. Pizza dough from your favorite pizza parlor or grocery store, or if your ambitious from scratch and your good to go.

Marinara sauce:
1 28 oz can of whole tomatoes
4-5 cloves of garlic smashes
5 basil leaves torn by hand
2 tblspns olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
add oil and garlic to a small sauce pan and heat for 3 minutes (I don't like color on my garlic I think it makes it taste bitter), add tomatoes, basil, salt and pepper and simmer for 30 minutes. Heat about an inch of veggie oil in a large frying pan and stretch dough into 6 inch circles fry and top with sauce and a sprinkle of grated cheese.



Why would you ever pay $5 for a fried dough topped with jarred sauce (never purchased a jar of sauce in my life...nasty) is beyond me. I warned your "my opinion". ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment