Sunday, October 16, 2011

Hubby's out I cook what I like!!!

I love pork he hates it, fried pork chops yum!! Black bean and chorizo soup for my amigos tomorrow.

Black bean soup
1 lb dry Goya black beans
1 lb chorizo diced
1 large white onion chopped
3 carrots sliced
3 ribs of celery sliced
2-4 serrano chilis sliced
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 4 oz can chipolte sauce
1 tblspn goya abodo
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste
water (freebie)
slash of olive oil



add all veggies, chorizo, seasoning, salt, pepper and oil to a large stock pot and saute until chorizo browns and renders some of its fat, add chipolte sauce, diced tomatoes and beans (I do NOT soak but I do rinse) and 8-10 cups of water, bring to a boil and then simmer for at least 5 hours.    

By the way those were the best fried pork chop I've made in a long time, just a squeeze of lemon was all that they needed. 

*note no need to ever soak dried bean before cooking!!! (once again my opinion) 

No comments:

Post a Comment