Saturday, October 15, 2011

My bags of tricks and tonight's dinner

When I go grocery shopping I'm like a kid in a candy store. I wander down the isles picking and choosing items and contemplating recipes. I much rather spend my extra money on food than on clothes, purses or shoes but I always make sure I save enough for my bottle of Stolichnaya. What came out of that bag of tricks tonight was beer battered fried shrimp and french fries.


Beer battered fried shrimp


1 lb shrimp shelled and deveined
2 cups flour
1 can of beer
1/2 tsp baking powder
salt, pepper, cayenne and goya adobo to taste


whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, cayenne and adobo add beer and dredge shrimp and fry.


serve with tarter sauce, a simple mixture of mayo and relish and lemon wedges
* note Mr. Martini lurking in the back round.

No comments:

Post a Comment