Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Pepperoni Bread 2 Ways....MexItalian

So I've been making homemade pizza or stuffed breads once a week, I found some rare poblano peppers in my grocery store and the wheels started turning. Pepperoni bread with rajas for me and with tomato for hubby. For 2 loaves I used:
2 lbs pizza dough (I used store bought)
4 cups shredded cheese (I used muenster)
2 pillow packs of thin sliced pepperoni about 2 cups
4 poblano peppers seeded, sliced and fried in olive oil, salt and pepper
1 tomato sliced
salt and pepper






stretch out the dough into two rectangles, now layer cheese, pepperoni, tomatoes/rajas (salt and pepper the tomatoes) evenly between the 2 loaves, top with more cheese and fold short sides first then long and pinch the seams. bake at 375 for about 30-40 minutes. Let set for at least 15 minutes.
* homemade pizza dough would probably be better but I don't like to follow precise measurements and that's why I don't like to bake so much
**note the ever present Mr. Martini ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment