Thursday, November 3, 2011

lentejas with love

I feel it in my heart when I cook for the people that I love!! I cooked "comida" for my amigos tonight and I tried something new, it was scary and fun!!!
Lentil's with Hotdogs and Eggs:
1 lb lentil's (lentejas)
2 16oz pkg of hotdogs (sliced thin)
8 eggs
1 white onion chopped
2-3 carrots diced
2 ribs celery sliced
1 parsnip diced
3 jalapenos diced
4-5 cloves of garlic smashed
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes
1 7 oz can chipolte sauce
1 tblspn oil
adobe, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper to taste





chop veggies and add to a large stock pot with oil and saute about 5 minute, add tomatoes chipolte sauce and dry lentils, season and add 16 cups or more water and hotdogs.When lentil's are tender drop cracked eggs in (so scary) and turn off the flame. 
* I add adobo to everything my all time secret ingredient 
** Swans  voice in my head telling me to much oil....lol
*** and thx Swan for teaching me something new today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment