Sunday, December 18, 2011

Time To Bake The Christmas Cookies

I don't like to bake so much but I do enjoy making Christmas cookies. I've been baking them, first with my grandma Capp and mom, since I was 5. Today I started with Nutballs (my favorite) and Chocolate Muzzettes.
for the nutballs:
1 cup soft butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
mix well then add
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup chopped walnuts
mix until dough comes together, shape dough into 1 inch balls and bake at 375 for 10-12 min and bottom is lightly browned, roll in powdered sugar while still hot.
makes about 40
for the muzzettes:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
mix well then add
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup water
1 tsp vanilla






mix until dough forms a ball cut into 2 even pieced and shape into logs. Bake at 375 15-20 min till set but still a little soft. Frost with chocolate frosting and slice on an angle.

No comments:

Post a Comment