Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Basic Mac n' Cheese Many Ways

The possibilities are endless. A basic bechamel with an addition of any cheese you like (turns it into a mornay sauce), and add in anything, and I mean anything gives you an artist palate of mac n' cheese. For the basic sauce I used:
4 tblsp of flour
4 tblsp of butter
2 cups of milk
1/4 tsp of paprika
salt and pepper
melt the butter, add the flour and seasonings and mix well, add milk
then decide on the cheeses, any combo is good I used 3 cups of white cheddar but used multiply combinations many times, like I said the possibilities....
boil 1 lb of pasta and add anything, I used pepperoni tonight (shrimp, buffalo chicken, lobster, broccoli, mushrooms, combos, ect.....) Combine and top with panko bread crumbs, bake at 350 until bubbly and then broil until brown. 


No comments:

Post a Comment