Sunday, June 24, 2012

Shrimp Pico de Gallo Alla Mi Amigos

Looking for a refreshing summer lunch or appetizer on a hot summer day this is it!!  My amigos at work taught me how to make this and its simple, healthy and so yummy. When ever I make this for family or friends they love it. Simply dice:
1 lb of cooked shrimp
2 tomatoes seeded
4 scallions 
1-4 serrano chilli's (depending on how much heat you can take)
1/2 cup chopped cilantro
juice of 2 limes
salt and pepper to taste
toss all together and let sit in the fridge about an hour so all the flavor blend.


You can serve with store bought tostadas, tortilla chips or like my amigos like on saltine crackers, but today I had some fresh tortilla in the fridge so I decided to fry up my own tostadas in veggie oil until crisp and season with salt and pepper straight out of the oil. Put this out at your next party and it will certainly be a big hit!!
*you can use any kind of onion you like white or red is good too
** if you don't like too much heat use jalapenos instead and take the seed and ribs out
***don't waste you money on large shrimp the medium or small are cheaper, your going to dice them so it really doesn't matter
****a nice cocktail that goes really good with this is a michelada....blog coming soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment