Sunday, June 5, 2016

Fettuccine With Shrimp And Prosciutto

Today I had fresh pasta on my mind. I love making fresh pasta, I don't know why I don't do it more often. It is quick, easy, fun and economical. I had a bag of shrimp in the freezer and some leftover prosciutto from pizza night and I rolled with it, my favorite way to cook! There are no specific measurements of ingredients for this recipe. First I sauteed the shrimp seasoned with salt and pepper in butter and garlic. Then I deglazed the pan with lemon juice and white wine, added a nice splash of heavy cream and a pinch of chopped parsley, turned the heat off to rest while I boiled the pasta. Pasta never waits for sauce, sauce always waits for the pasta, especially fresh pasta. 


 Next I dropped the fresh pasta, don't hesitate to make this once in your life!! 3 1/2 cups of flour and 4 extra large eggs.

 
When the pasta was cooked I tossed it all together in the pan, topped it with prosciutto and garnished it with fresh chopped parsley. The hardest part of this recipe was making the pasta and that only takes about an hour or so once you learn the technique, you need to get a couple of batches under your belt and a pasta maker to master this but it is well worth the effort and it is fun (bonus)! I hope you try this recipe to impress guests or just yourself.
*A nice tossed salad, garlic bread and wine is a perfect meal for a dinner party!
**Always remember to taste as you cook and re-season if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment